Ampelokipoi 210-6983 222 | 213-0312 000
Gizi 216-070 0000
Online Digital Exam Portfolio
Display - print the test results of the desired referrer - command
Give, with absolute security, access to the third parties you wish
Metal Mercury Hg belongs to the category of heavy metals. Exposure to mercury is neurotoxic and has severe effects that can lead to severe neurological disorders, coma, or even death. Children are extremely sensitive to mercury exposure, with much lower tolerance levels than adults.
Usually, the source of exposure is contaminated fish (swordfish tuna, shark) from areas with industry that uses mercury.
Measurement is required when there is evidence of toxicity from exposure to heavy metals.
Signs of mercury exposure toxicity are:
Excessive exposure creates problems in kidney function, respiratory dysfunction, and even death.
Mercury is in liquid form and evaporates very easily. Mercury vapors are absorbed through the lungs. For this reason, if mercury is spilled in a closed space, it should not be collected with a vacuum cleaner because it will spray it into the air.
Adults: <10 µg/dL
Simple blood collection happens at any time of the day (7.30-19.30)
The result is given in 2-3 days
Information selected - indicative with sources: Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests - J.Wallach and https://labtestsonline.org
The choice and explanation of the use of the analysis is the exclusive responsibility of your doctor
Edited by : Ioannis Grattisia Head of Laboratory / MSc Clinical Biochemistry - Molecular Biology
Send us an email or call us in order to plan an appointment with a doctor or for a health check-up.