Middle Aged Men’s Screening Check Up uses the tests of Young Men’s Check up Screening Panel, as described in the following table :
|Test / Analyte||Description / Detects - Measures|
|Complete Blood Count -||Measurement Hematocrit, Red -White Blood Cells - Platelets and Morphology
Detects Anaemias, Infections - Bone marrow disorders.
Indications of chronic deseases
|Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate||Chronic Inflammations - infections|
|CRP-hs||Accute Inflammations - infections.
Cardiovascular risk factor
|Total Cholesterol||Cardiovascular Risk Factors
Cholesterol Dietary intake
Drug therapy assessment
|Liver Enzyme γ-GT||Liver function test
Hepatitis B/C - drug -alcohol induced - fatty liver - cancer etc
|Liver enzymes ALT & AST|
|Fibrinogen & |
|Inflammation - Thrombophylia - Cardiovascular risk factors|
|CPK||Mascular Damages, some Autoimmune diseases|
|Iron & Ferritin||Dietary adequacy - Malabsorption - Gastrointestinal Loss|
|Thyroid stimulating hormone TSH||Control of thyroid gland|
|Vitamin B12||Neurological & Cardiovascular protection|
|Vitamine 25(OH) D3||Immune system support - Bone calcium uptake|
Moreover, due to the particularities of these ages ( risk of prostate cancer – hormonal imbalance – erectile disfunction ) the following additional tests are recommended :
PSA (prostate antigen) and optionally free-PSA (free prostate antigen)
Used in early detection of prostate cancer, one of the most important causes of death among middle-aged and older men. Accurate assessment of PSA is succeded by comparing the results obtained yearly.
It is also used for the assessment of possible prostate infections (prostatitis) and benign hyperplasia.
The most important androgenic hormone, mainly used to detect possible hormonally originated limited sexual mood. Also used as a general body and psychology- wellness marker in middle aged men .
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL SCREENING TESTS
The following tests are proposed based on age, social habits, personal / family medical history.
Sexually transmitted diseases
- Hepatitis B – C, HIV I / II
- Ureoplasma – Mycoplasma – Chlamydia – Common Microbes – Fungus Chronic infections causing infertility
- HPV detection – typing cusing Headings
- Sodium-potassium homeostatic agents – often affected by drugs
- Calcium index of metabolism – endocrine diseases
- Magnetisium vital for muscle function – wellness
- Zinc regulates immune system – maintains hair on scalp
- CVD-4 (MTHFR, V-Leiden, Prothrombin, b-Fibrinogen) Thrombophilic genomic factors in cases of familial history with strokes – infarctions
- RF, ANA indicative tests for the detection of most autoimmune disorders / rheumatopathies
- CEA, CA 19-9 gastrointestinal inflammation -neoplasm index and also an index for other organs / systems
IMAGING – ENDOSCOPIC SCREENIG TESTS
The following tests may be required based on age criteria and personal / family history
|Abdominal Ultrasound Imaging||Bile, Liver, Kidneys etc||Available in Center|
|Prostate Ultrasound Imaging||Prostate Cancer||Available in Center|
|Heart Triplex Ultrasound Imaging||Cardiac function assessment||Available in Center|
|Carotid arteries |
Triplex Ultrasound Imaging
|Assessment of atheromatosis||Available in Center|
|Colonoscopy||Intestine Cancer||Available by Partner|
Information selected by :
- Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests – J.Wallach
The exact choice of tests required, is under the responsibility of your treating physician
Editor: I. Gratsias Lab Director / Clinical Biochemist
Last Update May 2019
Medical Tests performed with analytical systems and reagents
by SIEMENS-USA & BECMAN COULTER-USA
Recommendations -preparation for blood sampling :
- A meal the previous night is mandatory.
- The last meal should be taken up to 11-12 hours before blood sampling.
- The evening meal is preferred to include the least possible animal fats.
- No meal should be taken in the morning. Coffee without sugar and water are free.
For urine collection:
- A sample of the first urination is preferable
- Prior to urination, a topical wash with plenty of water is recommended, with no use of soap
- Results are given within the day.
- Middle Aged Men’s Screening Check Up at 132 Euro ( initial price 227 euro )
- For charges in optional tests or any other additional tests, please ask us