Young men’s Screening Check Up uses the tests of the Basic Check up Screening Panel, as described herebelow:
Test / Analyte Description / Detects - Measures
Complete Blood Count - Measurement Hematocrit, Red -White Blood Cells - Platelets and Morphology
Detects Anaemias, Infections - Bone marrow disorders.
Indications of chronic deseases
Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate Chronic Inflammations - infections
CRP-hs Accute Inflammations - infections.
Cardiovascular risk factor
Urea Renal function
Creatininine Renal function
Uric Acid Arthritis
Total Cholesterol Cardiovascular Risk Factors
Cholesterol Dietary intake
Drug therapy assessment
Liver Enzyme γ-GT Liver function test
Hepatitis B/C - drug -alcohol induced - fatty liver - cancer etc
Liver enzymes ALT & AST
Urine Bladder health
Moreover, due to the particularities of these ages (need of evaluating multiple cardiovascular risk factors – possible nutritional inadequacy – issues in concentration – risk of hair loss, etc) the following additional tests are recommended :
Coagulation factor, responsible for the healing of injured vessels. Used to detect intravascular inflammation and assessed as an independent cardiovascular risk factor.
An independent cardiovascular risk factor, which is also related to thrombophylia. High values are observed in obese people, smokers, as well as people with the frequent MHTFR C677T gene mutation.
Creatine phosphokinase (CPK)
An enzyme found in muscle cells, used as a marker of muscle strain from exercise and ligaments injuries. The test may provide additional information for autoimmune diseases, in cases where muscular pains persist without obvious reasons.
Iron (Fe) and Ferritin (Ferr)
Tests are performed to assess the adequacy of dietary iron, and detect possible malabsorption problems (celiac desease, gastritis, etc). Potential iron deficiency causes anemia and fatigue symptoms, and can also cause general behaviour change, poor hair quality (and loss), as well as low athletic performance
Thyroid hormone (TSH)
Hormone that regulates thyroid gland function and the metabolic rate of the whole body. Prolonged thyroid disfunction is often related to fatigue, sleeping disorders, over sweating, obesity, lack of concentration, behavioural problems and psychological disorders. Preventive thyroid screening is even more valuable to people with family history in thyroid disorders .
Critical substance for the maintenance of the nervous system and mental functions. It also has a vital role in the protection of the cardiovascular system. Malnutrition, malabsorption or excessive needs, are the most common reasons of vitamin deficiency for the men of this age.
Vitamin D3 (25-OH-D3)
Critical substance for calcium uptake from bones and vital substance for immune system integrity. Surveys show that as much as 80% of the general polulation show D3 deficiency. Deficiency at this age can cause problems to immunity, wellness of the body and rarely problems in the skeleton.
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL BLOOD SCREENIG TESTS
Sexually transmitted diseases
- Hepatitis B – C, HIV I / II
- Ureoplasma – Mycoplasma – Chlamydia -Chronic infections causing infertility
- Common Microbes – Fungus
- HPV detection – typing Wart virus
- Calcium index of metabolism – endocrine diseases
- Magnesium vital for muscle function – wellness
- Zinc regulates immune system – maintains hair on scalp
- CVD-4 (MTHFR, V-Leiden, Prothrombin, b-Fibrinogen) Thrombophilic genomic factors in cases of familial history of stroke
Information selected by :
- Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests – J.Wallach
The exact choice of tests required, is under the responsibility of your physisian
Last Update May 2019
Medical Tests performed with analytical systems and reagents
by SIEMENS-USA & BECMAN COULTER-USA
Recommendations -preparation for blood sampling :
- A meal the previous night is mandatory.
- The last meal should be taken up to 11-12 hours before blood sampling.
- The evening meal is preferred to include the least possible animal fats.
- No meal should be taken in the morning. Coffee without sugar and water are free.
For urine collection:
- A sample of the first urination is preferable
- Prior to urination, a topical wash with plenty of water is recommended, with no use of soap.
- Results are given within the day.
- Private charging – Special offer at 104 euro (original price 200 euro)
- For optional tests, additional charges apply