The metals tested for toxicity are:
- Lead (Mb) It is mainly contained as a component of dyes and in some solvents.
- Mercury (Hg) It is found in contaminated food and is released into the body by chemically unstable black seals.
- Aluminum (Al) It is found in metal aerosols but also in dialysis filters.
- Nickel (Ni)
- Chromium (Cr)
- Copper (Cu)
- Cobalt (Co)
- Manganese (Mn)
As heavy metals seriously damage the bone marrow, the organ metabolised by the liver, but also the organ that excretes them, the kidneys, the recommended tests should be done whenever metal toxicity is dignosed:
Complete Blood Count and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
Bone marrow toxicity assessment
Kidney function assessment.
Transaminases (ALT, AST) are
Liver function assessment
INFORMATION ON LABORATORY TESTING
Laboratory testing requires a simple urine sample in a common container
No preparation or diet is required, and sampling can be done at any time of the day
TIME OF DELIVERY OF RESULTS
The results are given for
- metals within 7 working days
- CBC, β2-microglobulin , transaminases, within day
- For every metal 40 euros
- For combo testing CBC – β2-microglobulin – transaminases 35 euros