Prevention and InformationArticles on health prevention issues
Breast Cancer Prevention
Approximately 6,000 new cases are reported each year, in Greece. It is estimated that 1 in 8 women worldwide will develop breast cancer at some stage in their lives.
Breast cancer is the first cause of death from cancer in women.
And yet, it can be prevented effectively, as long as you are :
• checked annually or as often as required by your doctor.
• self-examined, every month, between the 7th and 10th day of the cycle or any day of the month, after menopause.
According to international guidelines and in consultation with your doctor:
• Reference mammography from the age of 35-40, each year
• Mammography, should be combined with ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging, if required.
(Results should be evaluated by a clinical specialist).
For individuals and families with a medical record, more extensive nad early screening is recommended:
• from the age of 25 years
• Choose the latest technology, in preventive molecular biology, with the breast and ovarian oncogene detection kits*
* Oncogenes BRCA1, BRCA2, BALB2 (just blood sample required).
For all the news on health and wellbeing issues, follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram
Medical Center Laboratories – Ultrasound Imaging – Doctors – Nursing – Health Services
24h/365d Medical Laboratory – Gene Analysis
Laboratory Directors : I. Gratsias, I. Katsavochristos