1. Do I have to book an appointment? At Check Up Medicus an appointment is required for: Ultrasound / Triplex Call 210-6983.222 Consulting by Lab Director Ioannis Gratsias Call 210-6983.222 Nursing Call 210-6412.600 Cardiac Exam - Cardiologist Thanos Kastanas Call 6977-348.501 Urological Examination - Doctor Urologist Constantine Psylias Call 6972-127.719 Neurological Examination - Medical Neurologist George Karagiorgis Call 6971-895.259
2. For blood tests - ultrasound, how long will I have to wait? For diagnostic blood tests, the average total time you will need to wait, is no more than 10-15 minutes. For ultrasound examination, the average wait is 5-10 minutes and the required time for the examination.
3. I am insured at EOPYY, but I have no referral, will you be able to prescribe me the exams? Our physicians can be of service and write prescriptions of blood tests, medication, or other tests, at standard fees.
Cardiologist Th. Kastana Urologist K. Psylias Neurologist G. Karagiorgis
4. EOPYY does not cover all examinations on its lists, which I have done in the past. Could you advise me if there is a need for some extra and how much they will cost? The prescription process, has had some changes, so, in case, you are affected by those changes, we can advise and justify which examinations should be added for a fuller health review. Let us know in detail about the relative costs - based on the lower prices of the government invoice.
5. What is personalized health optimization check up? This is a tailor-made combined lab test, according to family health history and gender, age, weight, eating habits, social habits (smoking, alcohol, work type) and other lifestyle factors.
Our goal is to select targeted rather than unnecessary exams and to receive answers that their proper interpretation and medical evaluation will point to the right direction for the overall health and well being of the p;erson examined.
This process includes consulting appointments with the Biochemistry Officer -in Chief, Mr. Ioannis Gratsias, to determine the frequency and type of tests. By all means, your physician, is responsible for the overall evaluation of the results, that you will receive.
6. How can I get the results? Printed in special forms by the lab. E-mailed to you or your doctor as soon as possible. All you need to do is sign a consensus form, necessary for the privacy of your data and ask for it.
7. Will you be able to advise me on the results of my exams? You can ask to have your results explained and evaluated. By booking a personal appointment with the Lab manager for further consultation If you don't have a physician, we can indicate with laboratory data the need for further examinations or urgent clinical evaluation by a specialist. Otherwise, your personal physician is responsible for the overall assessment, of your results and your medical records.
8.Can we have the blood sample taken at home or at the office? How much will it cost me extra? If your are located in our area, please call us to schedule the visit time. This can be arranged on a 24 hour basis / 365 days a year. The extra charge is 20€ for distances up to 30 minutes from our lab.